Optenni Lab is a leading professional matching circuit synthesis and optimization software for solving all matching problems in the RF chain within wireless devices. Optenni Lab can optimize broadband, multiband, multiport and tunable matching circuits for antennas, filters, amplifiers, switches, tuners and other RF components. The following design challenges are typical ones where Optenni Lab is utilized:
- Antenna efficiency optimization: Optenni Lab optimizes matching circuits to maximize the total efficiency of broadband and multiband antennas, taking into account component losses and antenna radiation efficiency.
- Multi-antenna system optimization: Optenni Lab provides matching circuits that optimize the total efficiency in multi-antenna systems, taking antenna coupling/isolation into account.
- Short range wireless: Optenni Lab’s multiport capabilities are used to maximize the end-to-end transfer of energy in Bluetooth, RFID, NFC and wireless charging applications.
- Tunable antenna design: Optenni Lab features unique capabilities specifically engineered for designing and optimizing tunable and switchable matching circuits. Optenni Lab provides the optimal values for both fixed and tunable matching components so that best efficiency is obtained on all the desired operation bands.
- Amplifier matching: In designing matching circuits for low-noise amplifiers and power amplifiers, the user can specify the optimal target impedances for best noise, power, or efficiency performance – including the impedances at harmonic frequencies.
- Multiplexer design: Optenni Lab speeds up the design of quadplexers and higher N-plexers in modern multiband front-end modules for mobile devices. The automatic topology synthesis provides multiple optimized topologies, often leading to simplification of the matching circuit.
RF designers use Optenni Lab for a wide variety of applications, ranging from antenna matching to NFC system optimization, from multiplexer design to LNA matching. Optenni Lab is commonly used in the design of e.g. the following products:
- Portable wireless devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, computers and cameras
- Base station antennas and WLAN routers
- Car communication systems, access keys and tire pressure monitors
- Medical equipment, such as hearing aids, MRI scanners and portable patient monitors
Optenni Lab includes many innovative technologies for accelerating the design flow:
- Matching circuit synthesis: Optenni Lab’s automatic matching circuit synthesis provides the user with multiple optimized topologies using fast parallelized multicore optimization techniques. The synthesis applies to both single-port and multiport RF systems.
- Optimization using component library: Optenni Lab optimizes the matching circuits using component models from leading inductor and capacitor manufacturers, taking into account component losses, parasitic effects and component tolerances.
- Tolerance analysis: The sensitivity of various topologies to component tolerances is readily analyzed by Optenni Lab’s tolerance analysis feature. Different available tolerance variants of the library components can be chosen for the analysis.
- Tunable antenna design: Optenni Lab supports tunable antenna design, where the target bands are switched by a network of fixed and variable components – either realized by switches or dedicated tuner components.
- Multi-antenna matching: Optenni Lab supports multi-antenna matching for best efficiency, taking antenna-to-antenna coupling into account. The optimization setup enables control of both efficiency and isolation.
- Advanced impedance analysis tools: Optenni Lab provides advanced analysis tools, such as the bandwidth potential and electromagnetic isolation calculations for evaluation and ranking of antenna concepts and prototypes.
- Radiation efficiency calculation: Optenni Lab supports frequency-dependent radiation efficiency data in optimization of the total efficiency of the antenna.
- Links to electromagnetic and circuit simulators: Optenni Lab links seamlessly to leading electromagnetic simulators through EM simulator links, enabling optimization of the total efficiency of the antenna, including losses from the antenna, its environment, and matching circuit. Optenni Lab can also transfer synthesized matching circuits to circuit simulators for further analysis using the circuit simulator link.
- Links to Vector Network Analyzers: Optenni Lab optimizes matching circuits in real time based on measurements through network analyzer link, bridging the gap between measurements and simulations.